Here are a few highlights from the day thus far:
- Pepsi has released a limited edition Pepsi Perfect drink in honor of the day. This is a direct reference from the movie, it is a drink that Marty and Doc see people drinking in 2015. The bottles cost $20.15, so that’s a clever way to get people to spend waaaay to much on a soda. But it worked: Pepsi sold out of the limited edition early. And people are not happy.
- Want to ride in a DeLorean? Call for a Lyft today in New York City, and there’s a chance you will get to open your car door up, instead of out!
- Ford is offering a “Flux Capacitor” for the Focus and the Fiesta. But before you get too excited, be forewarned: “For recreational use only. Interfering with major historical events is illegal and could have unintended consequences for all of humanity.”
- Universal Studios released a trailer for Jaws 19! This time, they are fighting to save the oceans.
- When Marty traveled to today, he headed to an arcade and played a game called Wild Gunmen. Nintendo has now made this game available via their Wii U Virtual Console.
- Then of course there’s the Cubs. Their success this year has gone almost completely according to the movie’s script.