I've worked with national, statewide and local political campaigns, 501c4s, elected officials and political agencies, helping progressives find, hone and tell their stories online.
I am available to work with you on the following:
- Creating or growing your base organically, utilizing the following platforms of your choosing:
- Facebook/Facebook Live
- Instagram/Instagram Stories
- Growing and running your email list
- Managing your Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter ads
- Livetweeting your events
- Creating and refining messaging, ranging from event specific to campaign-wide
- Webcopy writing and editing
- Blog writing and editing
- Training you, your staff and/or your volunteers on how to make the most of your digital program
- General consulting and strategy
"Josh served as Digital Director on my campaign for Governor of Rhode Island. Josh was an MVP throughout the campaign -- extremely responsive, adaptable, visionary, and helpful. In a high-stress environment, he worked well with everyone and always met tight timelines. He was also extremely professional in working with the public, and he is an asset to any organization or movement seeking a highly competent, reliable, and driven digital leader. "
--Clay Pell, Former Democratic Rhode Island Candidate for Governor; Lieutenant and Judge Advocate, US Coast Guard; Director for Strategic Planning, National Security Staff; White House Fellow; and Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Office of International and Foreign Language Education, US Department of Education
"Reverbal Communications has been awesome to work with. Josh has a great intuition for compelling storytelling, and is constantly valuable for big picture planning for community engagement. I’ve been impressed with the success of paid communications. I strongly recommend hiring them, and certainly look forward to continuing to work with them."
--Maurice "Mo" Cheeks, Madison Alder
"Josh's social media expertise helped tremendously throughout my campaign seeking election to municipal government. This successful campaign was my first introduction to elections and organizing a campaign, and at a local municipal level, much of the organizing falls on the shoulders of the candidate. As such, having the ability to access folks like Josh, who are able to provide clear guidance, support and troubleshooting was invaluable.
Although working for municipal campaigns in a Canadian context was new for Josh, he went above and beyond to back my campaign. Josh has expertise working on political campaigns for women, which was a great asset. He helped me build advertising campaigns that were concise and targeted. His guidance around messaging has continued to help me throughout my social media channels as a City Councillor. All of the consultation I received was through Skype, which worked very well. Josh was able to walk me through any questions I had as we could display our screens. In addition, Josh was efficient in his coaching and was able to provide a lot of information in a short period of time. I felt that my time was valued and the information I received was thoughtful and never rushed. I highly recommend Josh [and his team] to help elevate your campaign. Josh worked specifically with me on Facebook, Twitter and NationBuilder. Regardless of the platform being used, I am confident that Josh would be a great fit to back your campaign team."
--Sarina Gersher, City Councillor
Partial portfolio of my political work:
- Digital Strategy Coordinator, Minority Leader Peter Barca and the Wisconsin Democratic Assembly caucus
- Digital Consultant, Assembly Democratic Campaign Committee
- Statewide Digital Lead, Organizing for Action Wisconsin
- Digital Director, Clay Pell for Governor
- Digital Strategist, Americans United for Change
- Digital Director, Association of Reform Jews of America
- Digital Director, Rapid Returns
- Digital Consultant, Our Wisconsin Revolution
- Consultant and Strategist for numerous local races
- Accompanied a State Assemblyman to the Democratic National Convention and livetweeted his time in Philadelphia